Naples Zoo’s internship program offers interns the opportunity to learn within a variety of disciplines, and the chance to obtain a unique and meaningful career experience in a beautiful setting with amazing animals.
All internships are unpaid with no housing, stipend, funding, or sponsorship provided. Our Animal Husbandry Internships are designed to give college students, who are 18 years of age or older, the opportunity to have an in-depth, hands-on experience working in the zoo profession.
Basic internship requirements:
- All applicants MUST be doing internship for school credit
- 140-hour minimum commitment (will adjust to meet higher hour requirements for school)
- Related coursework or experience in area of internship
- 2.5 cumulative GPA
- All Animal Care Interns are required have a drug test prior to starting.
- Animal Care Interns must provide proof of recent tetanus shot (within last 5 years) and negative TB test (within last year) required PRIOR to start date. All tests/vaccinations are at the applicant’s expense.
- Interns are required to complete 5 hours of continuing education opportunities during the semester.
- Continuing Education opportunities will be offered at the Zoo and may also include appropriate off-site opportunities
- All interns must complete a project during their internship that is developed by the intern and the area supervisor
Internships are available in most areas for Summer (May-August), Fall (September-December), and Spring (January-May). Applications should be received six weeks prior to proposed start date.
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept international interns because of a lack of funding.
Current Intern Opportunities
Not in school? We are also currently recruiting volunteers for many different areas!
How to become a Naples Zoo Intern
FILL OUT an Internship Application (PDF) and submit with a resume and cover letter.
Submit your Intern Application & Documents
Via Any of These Methods
FAX documents to (239) 262-6866
MAIL it to the zoo: Naples Zoo, Intern Coordinator, 1590 Goodlette Road, Naples FL 34102
E-MAIL it to firstname.lastname@example.org
DROP IT OFF at the zoo. (Location)
Intern Acceptance Process
• After submitting ALL application materials, you will be notified via email or phone call as to whether or not you have been selected to move forward with an interview. Only a select few applicants will receive an interview and be selected as Zoo interns.
• Accepted applicants will complete an orientation (including passing a drug test, and turning in all required paperwork). Orientation date and time will be emailed to you.
• Schedules will be depend on area of internship, but candidates must be prepared to work weekends and holidays. Event interns will work evening hours as well.
Thanks for helping Naples Zoo at Caribbean Gardens fulfill its mission!